Friday, July 19, 2013

WIP: Tatted Mask

Here's a little teaser of the work I've done on the tatted mask I've been slowly working on for years now. You can probably guess my inspiration for the design (hint: I'll be tatting the rest with white thread).

I've done the eyes and the nose so far. The nose took a bunch of experimentation to figure out the shape I wanted, and until I get the pieces connected I still won't know if it will look right, but that's part of the fun of making a completely custom piece, right? The eyes are made of wire, which I tatted around, and then tatted the decorative scalloping around the outside.


I'm tempted (if I ever finish this) to make a superhero tatted mask.


***I am posting to blogger from an app on my phone, so I apologize for any formatting weirdness and reserve the right to hop on a desktop and edit at a later date, because I am a perfectionist. ETA: edited formatting 7/23***

No comments:

Post a Comment