Friday, June 7, 2013

My First Tattoo aka Wow I Suck at Blogging



Backstory: I have wanted a tattoo for a long time, but waited because I wasn't sure what I wanted and I didn't want to rush it. Several years ago I drew up a design. I was inspired by the cherry blossom, because they bloom in this very short window and then they are gone (and despite intending to get to one of the festivals, or even just go to a park while they are in bloom, every year I miss it). The design is to remind me that life is short and I should stop holding myself back and start doing what will make me happy instead of waiting for the right time. It also is to remind me that there are often second chances, as the blossoms come back every year, so I shouldn't beat myself up over things or judge myself too harshly (hey, I know it might not work all the time, that's why it's a reminder and not a cure).

How I did it: I did very little, aside from the original sketch and sitting still. My awesome artist, Kristin at Artisanal Tattoo in Somerville, NJ (check them out, they're on this great little street-turned-pedestrian-walk where there are artsy events it seems every week), suggested a minor tweak to the design and did the actual tattooing. She was super to work with, and made sure to explain everything to me since it was my first tattoo without making me feel like a total noob. We chatted about a variety of topics while she worked, and the entire experience was amazing. I'm already thinking about another tattoo, and I'll definitely be going back to Kristin when I figure out what I want.

What I learned: I really enjoyed the tattooing process, and I am a little jealous that Kristin has such an awesome job and gets to put art on people's skin every day.

What I might try next time: DIY? Just kidding. I do think that my next design might be looser, to allow for Kristin to put more of her own style into the tattoo, but maybe not. It depends on what I decide to get done. I'm thinking something to reflect my bipolar Gemini nature, lol.

Final Thoughts: I love that the art on my skin is my own. I love how it turned out.

I know, I know, I don't blog well. I post a bunch of things at once, then go AWOL for months. Part of that is due to my craft ADD, part of it due to my weird self-consciousness regarding whether people would want to read about what I have to say when I haven't gotten any crafting done. Oh, well. Maybe I'll get better, and maybe I won't.

2 comments:

  1. the titanium white dominus - TITIAN ART
    TINIAN ART. TINIAN ART. TINIAN titanium piercings ART. TINIAN ART. titanium plate flat irons TINIAN ART. TINIAN ART. TINIAN thunder titanium lights ART. TINIAN titanium money clip ART. TINIAN ART. TINIAN ART. TINIAN ART. TINIAN ART. titanium vs ceramic TINIAN ART. TINIAN ART. TINIAN ART.

    ReplyDelete